Monday, November 19, 2012
Sphinx Bootstrap Theme Updates!
Since its introduction, I now use Sphinx with the Bootstrap Theme for my open source Python projects and we use the theme for all internal technical documentation at work. Coming up on the project’s anniversary, it seemed appropriate to add some tweaks and enhancements to increase the usability and extensibility of the theme.
Improvements now available in version 0.1.0 include:
- Upgraded the Bootstrap libraries to version 2.2.1.
- Added new theme options to control UI appearance and behavior.
- Navigation bar menus now have hierarchical sub-menus for a more intuitive experience.
- Reworked the underlying layout code to support fully responsive design, allowing any site to look great on mobile devices like an iPhone or iPad.
- Created a PyPI package to permit installation via
pip install sphinx_bootstrap_theme.
So let’s see how everything looks and works with the new v0.1.0 theme.
The theme has several new options that you can set in the “conf.py” configuration file.
Bootstrap Theme Demo Site
Let’s start with the Bootstrap Theme’s own demonstration website.